Old Havana is proud to be one of the first farm to table Cuban restaurants in the nation.
All of our pork is sourced locally, and we source as many other ingredients as possible from local farmers or food artisans. Old Havana's chef Roberto Copa Matos is even starting Terra Sacra, which will serve as a sister farm to the restaurant.
Here are a few of the local farms and food artisans we're lucky to collaborate with:
- Parker Family Farms – Pasture-raised pork, free from antibiotics or added hormones.
- Green Button Farm – Pasture-raised, acorn-fed pork, free from antibiotics or added hormones.
- Down 2 Earth Farms – Organically raised vegetables
- Dig It Farm – Sustainably raised greens and vegetables
- Hicks Farm – Sustainably raised greens and vegetables
- Maple View Farms – Milk
- Bull City Farm – Eggs (and soon beef, we hope!)
- Latta Family Farms – Eggs
- Guglhupf Bakery – Bread
- Imagine That! – Gluten Free Bread
- Shoofly Pies and Cakes – Cupcakes and Guava Pie
- Morehead Manor – Carrot Cake
- Fullsteam Brewery – Beer
photo courtesy of Green Button Farm